Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Visiting Chhatarpur In New Delhi In India

Visiting Chhatarpur In New Delhi In India 

It was on a Wednesday that I decided to visit Chhatarpur in New Delhi with the aim to put in a prayer or two at Goddess Katyayani Temple and scan the surroundings in and around. Left home at 9.15 am with the chance to meet Pigeon Feeder Mr Surinder. Jama Masjid is the largest mosque is what I gather at bus stand hoarding in Nauroji Nagar in New Delhi. Sight DTC (Delhi Transport Corporation) bus number 567 going to Kamruddin Nagar, bus number 578 going to Najafgarh, bus number 518 going to Hazrat Nizamuddin Station. As I walk on Rajmata Vijayraje Scindia Marg/Ring Road Sarojini Nagar Market Marg the tall and robust trees are a delight and hope they stay there for decades/centuries. I go past Water Boosting Station Sarojini Nagar. Meet Coconut seller Mr Govind who is drenched in sweat. A query on how much he is able to earn elicits response that on occasions it swells and on occasions dips. 

Meet automan Mr Ramesh Chand, meet bag seller Mr Ram Khelawan. Sight bus number 544 going to Badarpur Border. Come across Zepto 10 minutes Grocery Delivery Ad on an auto. From Pilanji Village automan Mr Satish takes me to INA Metro Station in New Delhi. I am in INA  Metro Station at 9.52 am. At the metro station Mr Sher Singh does frisking. Board metro headed towards Chhatarpur at 9.57 am. I make mental note of Delhi Metro's Expansion which includes Rapid Metro, Magenta Line, Pink Line, Violet Line, Blue Line, Red Line and Airport Express Line. Reach Chhatarpur at 10.12 am. I can see scores of vendors making lassi (buttermilk). As I descend stairs and walk towards Goddess Katyayani Temple I go past Sai Temple and Lord Hanuman Tall Statue. Shoe keeper Mr Kundan Rathore keeps shoes and after washing hands I proceed to temple. 

In Sanctum Sanctorum In Goddess Katyayani Temple In Chhatarpur In New Delhi

At the sanctum sanctorum housing Goddess Katyayani the priest and other guy are in commotion of sorts with no thought that some devotee has come and they should maintain decorum and silence. Despite this predicament  I stay for a  minute or two before Katyayani Ma (Goddess Katyayani) and leave the sanctum sanctorum blessed. Thereafter I am out of temple.  Soon after I start walking towards Chhatarpur Village with expressive intent that I would have black tea. Fruit Vendor Mr Mishra gives me banana. Queries to different tea vendors on black tea shows that they won't be in a position to dish out the same. I hail auto driven by Mr Ravi and reach Chhatarpur Metro Station roundabout. Here two sweets shops going by the names Bikaner Sweets and Aggarwal Sweets are in no mood to oblige me. With no success in black tea I board metro towards MG (Mehrauli Gurgaon) Road in New Delhi. Deboarding in MG Road when it is sensationally hot and here I can't spot any tea vendor. Automan Mr Santosh Yadav takes me to a place where there could be probability of black tea. But none of that is visible. I hail another auto driven by Mr Rajesh Kumar and head towards IFFCO Chowk Metro Station. With no success in black tea here as well I am too tired to venture further. I board Metro from IFFCO Chowk and deboard at Green Park Metro Station. I take cool drink coming in 200 ml from Jain's Special Dahi Balle outlet. I hail auto driven by Mr Chand and reach Safdarjung Enclave home well after 12.20 pm.

Better To Have Buttermilk In Summers

In Summers it is better to have buttermilk as they have next to nil calories (salted one would be preferred) than having cold drinks. Buttermilk from Nehru Place in New Delhi I haven't had for years and hope to have salted buttermilk some day. That Wednesday the visit to Goddess Katyayani Temple was smooth and I was visiting this temple after more than two-and-a half year hiatus. Goddess Katyayani like Vaishnodevi in Vaishnodevi Temple in Jammu And Kashmir State in India raises the bar on how to be benevolent and treat people coming from different religious backgrounds with respect. That Wednesday with no success on black tea it somewhat mirrored the mood swings the vendors have and some can't be blamed for that as it was too hot to step out. That Wednesday the visit to Goddess Katyayani Temple was something to brood and rejoice. Are they serving cool drinks in and around Meenakshi Amman Temple in Madurai in Tamil Nadu State In India? 

The Supreme Court's ruling that no slums housing the poor would be demolished in Sarojini Nagar in New Delhi should be praised. If those governing the country can't rehabilitate the poor these so called leaders have no right to demolish the slums. 

I sometimes believe that how people take flights to different destinations in this scorching summer. I am finding difficult to do stories as those in khaki have fiddled with net connection. 

Yedu Kondalwada Venkatramna Govinda Govinda.

No comments:

Post a Comment