Monday, May 9, 2022

The Trek From Katra To Vaishno Devi Shrine In Jammu And Kashmir State In India

The Trek From Katra To Vaishno Devi Shrine In Jammu And Kashmir State In India

As I reached Katra it was time to scan around. As I alighted from taxi whose AC was non functional the administration would be advised to run AC Buses from Jammu Airport to Katra or taxis with no AC. That won't be a drain on resources. One hasn't thought of an airport in Katra and if it could come in due time it would be good for devotees. Perhaps the requisite land for the same could be a challenge. Coming to my trip alighting from taxi I discovered Jewels Restaurant (Run By Jammu Kashmir Tourism Development Corporation - JKTDC). First I purchased hand sanitiser and a soap and later stepped inside Jewels. The gentleman at the counter was kind enough to make call to my Safdarjung Enclave Residence. Later I settled for Veg Biryani with curd and serving gentleman was Mr Pawan. Post meals I collected biometric entry card (Yatra Parchi) and took auto driven by Mr Rampal and left for Banganga. On the way the entry fee for auto was Rs 10 and I reached Banganga in no time and this ride of less than 2 km was for Rs 150. This steep fare is all that automen bank on and the number of rides each day are few and far. Those devotees with little resources at their disposal prefer to walk from Katra bus stand to Banganga and they are not handful but scores of them. Even those teeming with resources prefer to walk from bus stand to Banganga. As I alighted from auto Mr Mushtaq wished to know whether I would be comfortable with a horse ride. I told him I would walk. This time round at Banganga there were enough pithoos (those who carry your luggage), ponies (those who give you horse ride) and palkis. 

Frisking Point At Banganga: Reaching Ardhkuwari

At the frisking point at Banganga there was commotion all around as there was no single line and there was no social distancing. If administration could renew efforts to maintain single queue it would be better for all. Post frisking which was in-depth I began to walk precisely from 2 pm.  Hardly I had walked 500 metres (the first six kms trek is quite steep) I was not able to maintain myself with the mask on. I decided for a horse ride and for the next five kms I settled for that and reached Ardhkuwari at 2.55 pm with the horseman Mr Shyampal charging Rs 650 for the services rendered.  Mind you from Banganga  there are shops in plenty on either side for the first three kms notably dry fruits, massage centres and food outlets. All along the 12 km journey there are chilled drinking water kiosks. From Ardhkuwari it is mostly plain surface and one has to walk five kms to reach Vaishno Devi. There are battery cars as well with Karnataka (Karnataka Is A State In South India) number plates that take you to Vaishno Devi. 

Reaching Himkoti; Reaching Vaishno Devi (Bhavan)

From Ardhkuwari I walked with no break and reached Himkoti at 3.32. Here is a resting point for devotees maintained by Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (SMVDSB). With no halt either at Himkoti and other places I continued my onward journey on foot and reached Vaishno Devi (Bhavan) at 4.25. It took under two-and-a- half hours to reach Bhavan from Banganga. And this experience was exhilarating. One comes across  STD/PCO kiosk and it is handy for devotees. I made a phone call to Safdarjung Enclave Home. Post call and after finishing prayer paper which was short I entered the lane at 5.05 pm that took one to Vaishno Devi Shrine. There was no rush and I was in sanctum sanctorum a little after 5.15. I had a fleeting glimpse of Sacred Pindis representing Goddess Vaishno Devi and bowed before the same and most importantly I had Pious Darshan.  I gave picture of Lord Venkateswara/ Lord Govinda to the priest and left the sanctum sanctorum. I bowed before idol of Lord Hanuman and came out of temple at 5.25. This Fleeting Glimpse was quite elevating and I wish Goddess Vaishno Devi continue to shower blessings for trillion centuries. I Wish Goddess Vaishno Devi Remains Happy In All Situations. Vaishno Devi Shrine Is Wonder Of Sorts And Welcomes Millions And Millions Of  Devotees Each Year. I Hope I And Others Get Opportunities For Long To Visit Vaishno Devi Shrine. 

Yedu Kondalwada Venkatramna Govinda Govinda

No comments:

Post a Comment