Monday, February 21, 2022

My Visit To Srisailam In Andhra Pradesh State In India In February 2020 With My Father Gouri Shankar Rajhans Making A Mental Note Of That Visit

My Visit To Srisailam In Andhra Pradesh State In India In February 2020 With My Father Gouri Shankar Rajhans Making A Mental Note Of That Visit

I visited Srisailam in February 2020 with an expressive intent that blessings were showered on our family members and occasional contacts made with MY FATHER were lessons to foster brotherhood. As I reached Delhi Airport with a taxi driven by Mr Gurjeet Singh the man at Vistara Desk showed his inability to dispense Boarding Pass as my ticket did not have PNR. Later he came round to the view that boarding pass could be issued in exceptional circumstances. When I was at another desk to seek a clarification there was another man carrying Euro notes in plenty showing his intent to travel to Varanasi. Mr Shivank is the captain of Vistara UK 899 Flight to Hyderabad. From Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi Airport take bus to JBS (Jubilee Bus Station). And from JBS take auto to Padmaja Lodge opposite Secundarabad railway station. 

The first thing I did after checking into the lodge was to get recharge done to establish contact with MY FATHER Gouri Shankar Rajhans. He is relieved to know that I have reached Secundarabad. Later I settle for Bombay Meals at Padmaja Lodge's Restaurant. Next morning I take tea from A R Mess Point. Later I visit the Famed Ganesh Temple and post that visit I speak to MY FATHER before heading to Srisailam. I vacate room to reach JBS in Secundarabad. There are none of the buses going to Srisailam and the information that I had gathered was incorrect. 

I reach Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station (MGBS). From MGBS there are buses that hit the hinterlands of Alchampet, Mahbubnagar, Kalwakurthy, Wanaparthy, Hubli, Narayanapet, Yadagirigutta, Guntur and Warangal. The bus for Srisailam leaves MGBS at 10.30 am. Mr Vijay Swamy is the bus driver. Inside bus there is an ad of Venkateshwara Shopping Mall in Zaheerabad, Bidar. During the course of the ride Amangal comes at 12.10, Medigadda too after 12 pm, Hajipur at 1.55. At 3.15 Srisailam is 35 km away. And from here onwards there are messages etched on boards like Rejoice In The Lord's Presence. Service To Mankind Is Service To Lord. All along this journey I show no intent to speak to MY FATHER as I believe reaching Srisailam and speaking from there would be better. 

I reach Srisailam at 4.35 pm. The temperature is 35 degree centigrade and that too in the month of February.  I take room in Kurni Nithya Annadhana Satram (Kurni Sadan).  I try to speak to MY FATHER GOURI SHANKAR RAJHANS and here the conversation can't take place due to connectivity issues. Before the evening spell sets in I am able to speak to MY FATHER GOURI SHANKAR RAJHANS who is glad to note that I am in safe surroundings. He can't make out the place I am in but he is confident that Lord's Blessings are in plenty. I take fried rice from Hotel Apoorva and black tea from Hotel Murugan. In the evening I visit SRI MALLIKARJUNA SWAMY TEMPLE as well as SRI BHRAMARAMBA DEVI TEMPLE. The grandeur of the temples and surroundings is something to cherish. And this fact I am able to convey to MY FATHER GOURI SHANKAR RAJHANS.

Next morning after taking tea from Hotel Murugan I return to Kurni Sadan. Later I visit SRI MALLIKARJUNA SWAMY TEMPLE. And have the opportunity to take Famed Laddoos which come at Rs 15 a piece. They have a taste similar to Tirumala Laddoos, the first time I had the opportunity to consume was in the early '80s when MY FATHER GOURI SHANKAR RAJHANS visited Tirumala. That was the time when MY FATHER'S innings in Delhi seem to be mixed one and he took shelter in Lord Govinda.  

In the afternoon in Srisailam I take plate meals from Hotel Apoorva and black tea from Hotel Murugan. The plate meals is heavy on the stomach. The entire night sleep is elusive and I get up to search auto at 3 am which would take me to a tea centre. Later at 5 I get an auto and reach tea centre next to Sholapur Dharamshala. I am in one of the compartments of the temple at 6 in the morning and wait for over four hours before the gates open. Mind you once you are in sanctum sanctorum it takes no time to sight the Lord. I Sight SRI MALLIKARJUNA SWAMY and leave the premises. I return to Kurni Sadan and vacate the room. I take two sets of Idly from Hotel Murugan before occupying seat in Hyderabad bound bus which leaves at 11.52 am. Hyderabad is shown to be 210 km from Srisailam. I am in Hyderabad at 5.37 pm. Take room in Hotel New Swathi. 

I was in Srisailam for three days and spoke to MY FATHER GOURI SHANKAR RAJHANS whenever an opportunity came. These three days are etched in my memory for the opportunities that came to sight SRI MALLIKARJUNA SWAMY, the expression of being grateful to people of Srisailam for warm hospitality and occasional reminders from MY FATHER that I should stay in safe surroundings and take coconut water or mineral water as the need be. Keeping stomach in safe zone was the priority and having ample plates of Idly were meant towards that. MY FATHER GOURI SHANKAR RAJHANS could get unnerved on occasions by these outings but in the heart of hearts he believed South India was a wonderful place which fueled the desire to lead a content life with limited means and put in a prayer or two for the world at large. 

No comments:

Post a Comment