Saturday, December 30, 2023

Looking Back To Tirumala Visit In 2001-2002

Looking Back To Tirumala Visit In 2001-2002

Way back in 2001 I had an opportunity to visit Tirumala (Tirumala Is In Andhra Pradesh State In India). On December 29, 2001 at 6.30 PM sharp I left for Gudur by G T Express Train from New Delhi the Train which goes all the way to Chennai. In the early hours of December 31st I reached Gudur and took a connecting train to Tirupati. With other devotees I took Ambassador Car from Tirupati Railway Station and reached Tirumala. From Dec 31st to Jan 8 or Jan 10 I stayed in Tirumala for 8 to 10 days. During this period I visited Lord Venkateswara Temple Lord Govinda Temple for 8 to 10 times or probably more than that. Those were good days given the fact that one could stay in Tirumala for as many days as one desired and getting token for darshan (Gaining Glimpse Of Lord Venkateswara) with ease with wrist band giving the timing for darshan much in fashion and in a single day on some occasions visiting temple more than once. 

I Would Remain Ever Grateful To Lord Venkateswara

Lord Venkateswara was kind enough to make way for my stay in Tirumala for 8 to 10 days and this giving me opportunity to visit temple as many times as I desired. I used to do round of Tirumala visiting various locales with ample time at my disposal. The stay for almost 10 days was something to cherish and I would remain ever grateful to Lord Venkateswara for letting me visit and stay in his abode for these number of days. Now one can least expect to stay in Tirumala as tokens are not issued in Tirumala and for getting the same one has to to be in Tirupati and join the queue around 4 in the morning. All darshan tickets have been made online and for those wishing to have darshan more than once it is not that easy. Can one expect to stay in Tirumala for 10 days altogether now? Probably not. 

The Abode Of  Lord Venkateswara Beckons People Of Different Faith

The abode of Lord Venkateswara beckons people of different faith and Lord Venkateswara guides each and everyone. Probably around Jan 10 I left Tirumala for Bengaluru (then Bangalore) and reached in the evening to board Bengaluru Rajdhani for New Delhi. The cuisine offered in the train was of a different class unlike today when hot water is brought in a cup and not in thermos and the ride during that time much better. The train tariff was still within reach unlike today when dynamic pricing has kicked in and eatables brought in much reduced tray. Tirumala Of Today May Not Be Much Different From Tirumala of 2001-2002 and I wish and pray I get opportunities at least two to three times in a year to visit Tirumala. Coming from Tirumala in January 2002 I visited my office The Hindustan Times (Newspaper Of Yesterday Today And This Hour) and distributed the much famed laddus

If Accommodation Arranged Everything Would Be Fine

Tirumala is one place where now one can stay for a longer duration provided accommodation is arranged and even if one has to procure token from Tirupati for which one would have to leave Tirumala at 3 AM and join the queue. Break Darshan if once in a year is offered would be fine but here you need contacts and recommendation letters from higher authorities. Here it is entirely different equation altogether. In Thomala Darshan And Archana Darshan where one is made to sit before Lord Venkateswara Idol for almost 20 to 30 minutes I have taken this as an opportunity to recite Hanuman Chalisa (Hymn In Praise Of Lord Hanuman). As for Thomala Darshan And Archana Darshan I haven't participated for the past 14 years. 

YEDU KONDALWADA VENKATRAMNA GOVINDA GOVINDA

No comments:

Post a Comment